Your body may show up similar symptoms due to different reasons in many cases. You may have congestion in the nasal passage due to some allergic reaction or due to other reasons. For this reason, you need to understand the difference between allergic and non-allergic rhinitis and treat them in the right manner. Interestingly, the symptoms of both these conditions are similar and even the method to diagnose them are similar. However, when it comes to treating them, the methods vary slightly and your doctor may use appropriate medication like montair lc to treat some conditions and other nasal sprays to treat other conditions. If you are using antihistamines like montair lc, make sure to check the montair lc composition so that you can use it in the right dosage to get effective relief from symptoms.
This condition is the result of an overreaction of the immune system to some allergen. Generally, allergens are harmless substances and they do not cause any harm on their own. However, when they get into your body through air or direct contact, the immune system may mistake them for some harmful foreign substance and cause various allergic symptoms. This condition is also commonly referred as Hay fever.
The body has its own way of defending itself and it releases histamines to protect the body from the allergens. This causes various symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes and headache. Some of the common sources of allergic reactions include dust mites, pollen, mold and animal dander.
Using antihistamines is an effective way to treat this condition and many doctors prescribe Montair lc tablets in this situation. Such medications are available over the counter and they have levocetirizine and Montelukast as the active Montair Lc composition. You can get quick relief from runny nose, watery eyes and other symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis.
Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
- Some of the common symptoms include runny nose and itchy nose. Some people also complain about constant sneezing and congestion in the nasal passage during this condition.
- As the condition affects the free flow of air in the nasal passage, it can also lead to sore throat and coughing in many cases.
- It also leads to itchy eyes and watery eyes in most cases. When the congestion becomes too much, it can also lead to headache. Some people develop dark circles near the eyes when they are suffering from such conditions.
- When the allergens come in contact with the skin, it can cause rashes and redness in the affected area. The intensity may differ from one person to another but the symptoms will be obvious in most cases.
- Due to constant congestion in the nasal passage, patients tend to get tired easily in this situation.
Diagnosis of Allergic Rhinitis
A blood test to determine the amount of antibodies in the blood stream is a good method to identify the root cause of this condition. When the antibodies are more in number, it can be confirmed that the reason is some allergic reaction. Similarly, a skin prick test will also help the doctors to differentiate between allergic and non-allergic rhinitis.
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Using antihistamines like montair lc is a good way to treat this condition. You can check the Montair Lc composition and see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Once this is confirmed, your doctor will prescribe the medication and you can use it in the right dosage to get effective results. Apart from this, nasal drops and eye drops are also effective ways to provide relief from various symptoms associated with this condition. Finally, immunotherapy will be used to treat this condition in the long run when you face frequent allergic attacks.
Non Allergic Rhinitis
The surprising thing about this condition is that it appears similar to allergic rhinitis but there will be no clear indication of any allergy. It is usually seen with symptoms like congestion of nose and runny nose. The major difference between this and allergic rhinitis is that the immune system is not involved in this situation. This can happen at any time of the year and nasal congestion is the most obvious symptom of this condition.
How Non Allergic Rhinitis is Identified?
The basic thing that needs to be done while identifying this condition is to rule out allergy as the cause for the condition. In this regard, your doctor may suggest some generic tests to identify the condition.
- Blood test: This can be helpful in determining the level of antibodies in the bloodstream which indicates that the body is dealing with some allergens. When there is no significant increase in antibodies, it can be concluded that the reason for this condition is not some allergen. Your doctor may even test the sample with different allergens to determine the sensitivity of your immune system.
- Skin test: In this test, an allergen is induced into the skin surface to test for its sensitivity. When you are allergic to some allergens, your skin will show some symptoms immediately and it can be concluded that the reason for the condition is due to some allergy. On the other hand, when your skin stays normal in that situation, it is safe to assume that the condition is non allergic rhinitis.
- Nasal endoscopy: As the symptom usually involves congestion in the nasal region, it is important to verify if the problem is due to any sinus conditions. For this reason, a nasal endoscopy test is performed in which the optic fiber instrument containing small camera will be inserted into the nasal passage to identify any problems in that area.
- When the nasal endoscopy does not show any conclusive results, a CT scan may also be done to identify any problems with the nasal region.
Treatment of Non-Allergic Rhinitis
- Antihistamine tablets are used in the first place to see if they can provide effective relief from the symptoms. However, such tablets may not show much effect in many cases and you may have to try nasal sprays for better results. The antihistamine sprays work directly on the affected area and provide quick relief from the congestion.
- In the same manner, doctors may even prescribe corticosteroid nasal sprays for effective results. Note that you should avoid using such medications on your own as it can cause some side effects like bleeding in the nasal region and headache. When the medication is prescribed by your doctor, you can expect good relief from inflammation and nasal congestion.
- It is also a good idea to use saline nasal sprays as they are well known to remove congestion of the nasal region. It does not cause much side effects like other medication and you can get them over the counter.
Other forms of oral decongestants may help you to get some relief in this situation. They narrow the blood vessels and ease the congestion in the nasal region. However, it has some side effects and you should use such medications only after getting prescription from your doctor.