Anxiety and panic attacks are increasingly becoming common nowadays among all classes of people. This is because lifestyle, food habits, and sleep pattern have changed vastly in the previous decade. Everyone experiences some amount of anxiety and stress at times. However, when anxiety leads to bring any physiological changes in the body, it may result in depression. By being a little conscious over your anxiety levels, you can maintain good mental health. If anxiety levels reach a tipping point, then it is likely that you may have a psychological disorder which may need medical intervention for treatment.
Mostly such disorders are treated through a combination of medicines and counselling sessions. Nexito plus is the anti-depressant drug prescribed for patients who are suffering from anxiety disorders and depression. This medicine is available in 5/0.5mg dosage tablet form. It should not be administered to children below 18 years of age.
Although this medicine is prescribed from an authorised medical professional, it has been reported to cause some side effects in a few cases. Occasionally, it is reported to cause these side effects:
- Decreased clarity
- Decreased production of urine
- Fast heartbeat
- Dryness in mouth
- Reduction in appetite
- Joint Aches
- Sense of sleepiness
- Nervous feeling
- Involuntary movements in the body
- Fogging of brain
- Blurring of vision
- Pains in muscles
Some of the things that you should consider while administering this medicine are:
Commencement of action:
The effect of this medicine starts in the body within 30 to 40 minutes of administering it.
- Duration of effect:
Till date, no established clinical evidence states for how long this medicine is active in your body.
- Is it safe to consume with alcohol?
It is not advised to consume alcohol along with this medicine as it may produce serious undesirable side effects like dizziness, concentration difficulties, breathing problems, and lethargy.
- Does it form a habit?
Short term or temporary usage of this medicine does not cause any tendencies of habits. However, in certain cases, it has been reported that long term use of this medicine leads to develop habitual patterns. In such cases, it is advised to decrease the dosage gradually over some time till it is completely quit.
- When should it not be administered?
This medicine should be carefully administered if you are suffering from any of the complaints:
- Allergy to drugs like escitalopram, clonazepam and similar ingredients
- Liver disease
- Acute angle glaucoma
- It should not be used in patients undergoing treatment with monoamine oxibase inhibitors.
- This medicine must not be given to patients undergoing treatment with pimozide for treating heart-related disorders.
- What are the cautions that should be taken?
This medicine should not be administered to the children below 18 years of age. In patients who are under treatment for diabetes, this medicine should be carefully administered with appropriate dosage as it can change the levels of glucose in the blood.
- What are the special precautions?
For people who are undergoing treatment for specific purposes, this medicine should be carefully supervised.
- If the patient is undergoing treatment for any abdominal bleeding disorders, there is a risk that this medicine might aggravate the condition. Discuss in full detail of your problem history with your doctor so that they can take appropriate measures before prescribing it.
- If the medicine is used for a long term, it may cause suicidal tendencies in a few patients. Regular monitoring of the patient’s condition is necessary for the continued use of this medicine. The doctor may suggest alternative medicine depending on your symptoms.
- This medicine may intervene with your awareness and movements in the body. It is recommended that you do not engage in any heavy activities like driving or weight lifting when being treated with this medicine.
- Are there any interactions for this medicine?
The drug may have interactions with some medicines. Please discuss with your doctor and explain the complete history of medicines that you have been consuming.
Studies reveal that it may interact with alcohol. It is highly recommended to stay away from alcohol while treating with this medicine.
Apart from alcohol, it is known to interact with Lithium, Cimetidine, Triptans.
- What are the general instructions for taking this medicine?
Strictly follow your doctor’s advice while taking this medicine. Ensure that you administer this medicine for the specified duration as mentioned by the doctor. Prolonged use of this medicine may form habitual tendencies. Immediately report to your doctor if you experience any serious side effects.
How does this medicine work?
This medicine contains a chemical known as Escitalopram, which increases the amount of chemical in the brain thereby maintaining a psychological balance. Clonazepam helps in decreasing the chemicals in the brain responsible for causing uncontrolled body movements. The doctors generally prescribe a combination of both these medicines to treat both depression and anxiety.